State of Florida Marriage License Requirements
Same information as below, however 3 day waiting period is waived.
Click here to get your Florida Marriage license through the mail.
- There is a 3 day waiting period for license to be valid. The waiting period can be waived by taking a pre-marital course. A roster of the courses is available at any of the county court houses listed below.
- The fee is $93.50. If the pre-marital course is taken, a $32.50 discount will be taken off the license fee. They accept cash, money order, cashiers check, and Visa/MC. No personal checks.
- Must present picture I.D. and Social Security card or any other picture I.D. (Passport, etc.)
- Both the bride and groom must appear in person at the time of applying.
- No blood test is needed.
- Marriage license is valid for 60 days throughout the state.
Under 18: If an individual is under 18 years of age, but older than 16 years of age, a marriage license can be obtained with parental consent. If a parent has sole custody or the other parent is dead, the permission of one parent is sufficient. If a person is under the age of 16, the marriage license has to be issued by a county judge, with or without parental permission. If a minor’s parents are both deceased and there is not an appointed guardian, he/she may apply for a marriage license.
A minor who has been previously married may also apply for a license. A minor, who swears that they have a child or are expecting a baby, can apply for a license if the pregnancy has been verified by a written statement from a licensed physician. A county court judge may at his/her discretion issue or not issue a license for them to marry.
County Court Locations
- Main office: 140 W. Flagler St.
- Caleb Center: 5400 NW 22 Ave.
- Coral Gables: 3100 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
- N. Dade: 15555 Biscayne Blvd.
- Miami Beach: 1130 Washington Ave Suite 200.
- S. Dade: 10710 SW 211 St.
- Broward County Courthouse: 201 SE 6th Street, Ft. Lauderdale
- South Regional Courthouse: 3550 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood
- North Regional Courthouse: 1600 W. Hillsboro Blvd.,
- Deerfield Beach West Regional Courthouse: 100 North Pine Island Rd., Plantation
- Main Courthouse: 205 North Dixie Hwy., West Palm Beach
Get your Florida Marriage License through the mail! Visit our sister site License to Wed.Pin It